|In This Section|
- 1 Using EMR-Bear
- 2 Recommended Browsers
- 3 Increase Productivity
- 4 Voice Dictation
- 5 Making EMR-Bear Your Browser Homepage
- 6 Adding EMR-Bear to Your Browser Toolbar
- 7 Full Screen View
- 8 Opening a Link in a New Window or Tab
- 9 Screen View Zoom
- 10 Moving Through Forms
- 11 Moving Among Open Applications
- 12 Enable Spell Checking
- 14 Enable Cookies
- 15 Reloading Pages
The following tips for using your Web browser and Windows applications are meant to help you gain a great deal in productivity while using EMR-Bear.
- If you are using the Google Chrome web browser, and have a microphone on your computer, you can use voice dictation with EMR-Bear.
- To start voice dictation simply click the icon that appears next to certain fields in EMR-Bear.
- You should keep a couple of things in mind when using this feature:
- If you are signed into your Google account while using this feature, Google will get better at understanding you over time.
- This is a Google service, everything you say will be sent to Google to be translated into text.
- If you don't see the icon or are having problems with the voice dictation feature, please see Google's help article on voice dictation.
Making EMR-Bear Your Browser Homepage
Adding EMR-Bear to Your Browser Toolbar
- Point your browser by typing https://[your url].emrbear.com into the address bar.
- Once at the login page, go to Bookmarks from your browser menu, then to Bookmark This Page.
- Use the pull-down menu in the Folder'field to select Bookmarks Toolbar, then click Done.
Full Screen View
- In many cases, browser windows are cluttered with tool-bars and other screen snippets.
- To maximize the working area press F11. This will expand the browser content screen to the full extent of your monitor.
- To restore to normal size press F11 again.
Opening a Link in a New Window or Tab
- To open a new page without losing the page you are currently on, right click on the link you want to open instead of left clicking. Select Open in New Window or Open in New Tab. This will allow you to click between pages more easily.
- A keyboard shortcut to open a new window is pressing the Shift key while left-clicking on a given link.
- To open a new TAB instead, press the Ctrl key while left-clicking on a given link.
- Note Some areas in EMR-Bear cannot be opened as a new tab or a new window. If you receive a page note found error, try opening it as you normally would.
Screen View Zoom
- To see your Web page closer up, press the Ctrl key at the same time as the + (either on your keyboard or number pad) to zoom in, or the - key to zoom out.
Moving Through Forms
- In many of the forms and models in EMR-Bear, you can move between fields by pressing the Tab key. You can also move between fields backwards by holding down the SHIFT key, then pressing the Tab key.
- In fields with pull-down menu options, pressing the first letter of the selection you are looking for will move you to that selection in the list. For example, if you want to select "New Mexico" from a pull down list, type "n" in the field. This will bring you to the first state with a name beginning with the letter "n". Continue to type "n" until you come to New Mexico in the list, then press Enter.
Moving Among Open Applications
- To toggle between applications that are open on your desktop, hold down the Alt key, then press the Tab key until you come to the application you are looking for.
Enable Spell Checking
Cookies are usually enabled by default. If you disabled it, or you are having problems staying signed into EMR-Bear follow the directions below to re-enable.
- In some instances, the most immediate way to view the changes made to a file is to reload your browser window.
- This can be done by using the Reload or Refresh button on your browser toolbar.