- A Form that is assigned for Group Notes will show in the Form Template with the following icon:
- There are few things that must be in place for Group Notes to be activated during the documentation of an encounter.
- The "Group Note" model must be included in the Form Template being used.
- When this model is included in a Form, the Form will search for other appointments in the group and synchronize the content of the note in the "Group Note" model across all the other encounter forms of the group.
Creating a Group Appointment
- The appointment from which the note was started must be a Group Appointment.
- There should be more than one appointment in the group. For example, client Johnny Doe was scheduled at the same time for Clinical Services and a Psychosocial under the IAC Program.
- All Group Appointments must be checked in.
- If one of the appointments is not checked in, then the group note model will not synchronize nor start the document for that client.
- When the Provider starts any of the notes of the group, the system will do an internal check to see if there are more appointments that need to be started in the group.
- The system will automatically start all the notes for the group appointments (that are for the same provider at the same time) and display the links in a grouped encounters box.
- Whenever any data on the "Group Note" is updated, the system will synchronize the content of that model across all the notes of the group. Note: it only synchronizes the "Group Note" model, not any other information.
- The provider will still need to write any client's particular documentation, fill each Superbill, and sign each note.