|In This Section|
- A Payor is the party responsible for paying for the services tracked in the system. A Payor can be an insurance company, an organization (through a service contract with that organization), or the client themselves, which is defined as "Self". The Self Payor is the only one that is pre-loaded into a new system.
- In order to obtain accurate billing reports, you'll need to load all Payors to which your organization bills. Until this information has been loaded into the system, this field will appear blank. Payors can be loaded all at one time or can be loaded as needed as part of entering new client information. This section covers loading Payors via the Billing area. For information on loading Payors as needed see Insurance (Payor) under the Client section.
- Loading Payors is also essential if you wish to send insurance claims electronically through a Clearing House.
- To administer Payors, go to Dashboard -> Billing -> Payors.
- A list of all Payors along with their plans will populate.
- To view the services that you can bill to a Payor, click on that Payor's name.
- The list of services will appear. If you don't see any services, make sure that the Payor has Plans associated with it.
- Click on the Add New Payor button at the bottom of the Payors list.
- A form to Create a New Payor will appear.
- Name: the name of the Payor (suggestions will appear as you type). You are not required to pick from the list of suggestions unless you will submit claims to this Payor via Office Ally.
- Payor ID: This ID is used by the clearing house to route claims to the correct payor. Do not change unless needed.
- Claim Type: used when sending electronic claims.
- Payor Type: used when sending electronic claims.
- Agency #: reference number provided by the Payor (optional)
- Contact Name: the name of your contact at the Payor (optional)
- Active: check to make this an active Payor. Inactive Payors cannot be assigned to clients.
- Taxable: check if this Payor charges tax
- Clearing House: where to send claims for this Payor. If you are not using electronic claim submission, choose "In House Paper Process"
- Click the blue Create Payor button to save Payor information. Once the Payor is created, you need to add Plans to the Payor.
- If changes need to be made to an existing Payor, or an existing Payor needs to be deactivated, click the pencil icon next to that Payor.
- This opens the editing window and allows changes to be made. To deactivate the Payor, uncheck the Active box. Save changes by clicking on the blue Modify Payor button.